California Hotel Recording Settlement
- Provides information about the class action lawsuit entitled Loren Stone v. Howard Johnson International Inc
- The case will be tried in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- This is case number 12-cv-01684
- A settlement fairness hearing is set for November 30th 2020
- Howard Johnson (aka HOJO) will be represented by the law firm of FOLEY & LARDNER LLP
The California Hotel Recording Settlement lawsuit revolves around claims that the hotel illegally recorded certain phone calls made (and received) by guest without their knowledge and or consent. The lawsuit includes Howard Johnson hotels in the state of California only.
Howard Johnson Telephone Call Lawsuit Quick & Easy Notes
- The lead plaintiff in the case is Loren Stone
- The estimated cash settlement is thought to be around $139 (but may differ based on how many people file claims)
- Howard Johnson and Wyndham deny and actions of wrong doing
- Wyndham Hotel Group LLC is the parent company of
- Class members claim the California’s Privacy Act was violated
- The deadline to file a claim is July 5, 2020
- Class members who opt to stay in the lawsuit will be automatically represented by KIESEL LAW LLP and the LAW OFFICES OF KENNETH M. LIPTON
Class members are defined as anyone who called the Howard Johnson’s toll-free reservation number between Feb. 28, 2011 and July 23, 2012, spoke to a call center rep, and did not receive consent to have the conversation recorded. No single class members will receive a payout greater than $5000 regardless of how many times their conversation was recorded.
Kiesel Law is headquartered at 8648 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90211 and can be reached by phone at (310) 854-4444 while
Liptonis based at 5900 Sepulveda Blvd #400, Van Nuys, CA 91411 and can be reached by phone at (818) 780-3562.
Contact California Hotel Recording Claims Administrator?
- Stone v. HJI Claims Administrator, c/o Gilardi & Co. LLC, P.O. Box 808061, Petaluma, CA 94975-8061