Comcast Device Upgrade
- Allows a customer to update their Comcast equipment or firmware online
- The upgrading process is SUPER easy and should only take a few minutes
- Customers who are using outdated equipment or firmware will almost always receive a slower connection versus a customer who has upgraded all of their equipment
The Comcast Device Upgrade service can be used with all Comcast issued computers and mobile phones, new models of modems, routers, and gateways. The service is free and any questions (technical or money related) can be directed to a Comcast customer cage agent at 1-800-934-6489.
Device Upgrade From Comcast talking points
- Upgrades can be used on Wireless-G and Wireless-N routers
- Customers with the Blast! or Extreme XFINITY Internet service will want to have a Wireless-N connection (for optimal performance) along with a 2×2 antenna
- When upgrading a modem please be sure to have the DOCSIS version number
- The DOCSIS 3.0 modem will allow customer to obtain the max speed possible
Tips to improve a wireless connection assuming all upgrades have been performed?
- Make sure the wireless device is of the ground and upright position for max reception
- Check neighboring wireless devices for interference
- Make sure no one else can access the wireless device
- Keep the wireless device away from walls, furniture, halogen/fluorescent lighting, electronic devices (i.e. TV, Radio)
- Baby monitors and cordless phone
- Customers who live in crowded apartments or condo complexes may have to many wireless devices in the area that will result in slower speeds (these customers should consider moving to a house)
Please note that customers do not have to upgrade the Wireless Gateway 1 (model numbers TG852G, TG862G, SMCD3DNV, TC8305C) or Wireless Gateway 2 (model number DPC3939) as Comcast regularly updates these firmware on behalf of the customer automatically. Customers who do not have Wireless Gateway 1 or Wireless Gateway 2 will want to check for updates (or upgrades) once a month.